Milan, March 15th, 2013 – Corporate Today, Altamira has announced it is opening its Milan office. Led by Paolo...
Altamira Capital Partners is a growth and turnaround platform for industrial SMEs in France, Italy, Spain and the Benelux countries. We focus on 3 sectors: Automotive & Transportation, Industrial Equipments & Services and Advanced Materials & Technologies.
Created in 2010 as an advisory and consultancy practice, Altamira has a proven track record in turnaround management. With professionals firmly grounded in our sectors of interest, we provide the complementary skills, business relationships and financial resources needed to reach new levels of performance.
Central to our approach are our operational and business development capabilities. Combined with a network of growth partners deeply rooted in their local markets, we believe they provides us with a powerful foundation to drive superior value for companies and investors.
Building on our existing projects and with offices in Madrid, Milan and Paris, we are looking to further develop our investments pipeline in collaboration with our partners.
We invest in the alignment of European industrial know-how with the needs of growth regions, backing SMEs best positioned to benefit from identified long term trends shaping those markets.
Successful turnaround strategies rely on 2 core pillars: The ability of the company to adapt its business model, re-inventing its focus and processes, and its capacity to find new sources of growth, fundamentally in emerging regions. By setting up joint collaborations of different forms, also reinforced by co-investments, we leverage our growth partners to help ambitious SMEs transition from a regional focus to a global one.
We operate in sectors where European manufacturers have a long tradition of excellence:
- Industrial regions like the Basque country, Catalonia, Navarra and Valencia in Spain; Lombardy, Piemonte, Veneto and Emilia Romagna North of Italy; The Eastern & Southern areas of France; Or the manufacturing clusters in Belgium and Southern Netherlands, are home to many highly specialized SMEs producing knowledge intensive goods and services;
- With renewed competitiveness as a result of labor markets reforms, coupled with a culture for innovation and product leadership, they usually enjoy a technology and branding advantage over their rivals from other regions.
Meanwhile, industrial sectors in growth markets will continue demand specialized European know-how for the foreseeable future:
- Leveraging a gigantic domestic market, India is ideally positioned to serve as the next global industrial springboard, with a frugal yet qualified workforce.
- China leads the way in many human and capital intensive sectors. European SMEs seeking to preserve competitiveness and pursue growth are looking for support in their efforts to develop a China strategy.
- Moreover, MENA (Middle East and North Africa) and South America are close cultural fit for our focused SMEs, offering selective growth opportunities.
At the heart of our operating model, our core values drive everything we do. These values set the standard against which each of us is measured and we strive to live up to them in all our business interactions, companies and investors alike. Those values are:
- Trust and accountability
- Open, candid communication
- Courage, entrepreneurship
Inherited from our GE background, a few basic operating principles guide us in the way we approach projects: